Friday, September 16, 2016

A New Badge on the Blog


I've been tweaking the blog layout this morning to accommodate a new badge that indicates my role as an Ambassador for Rootstech 2017. I was honoured to receive an invitation from the Rootstech organisers to once again join the team whose role is to create awareness and promote the event to our followers and community.

RootsTech, held February 8–11, 2017, and hosted by FamilySearch, is the largest global family history event in the world! The sixth annual conference—celebrating families across generations—is the perfect place to discover and share your family's stories and connections through technology.
My travel arrangements have been made and I am looking forward to joining my genimates in Salt Lake City for this celebration of family history. As registrations for the event have now opened my next task is to register. For further details and to complete your registration take a look at the new Rootstech website

When I travelled to the first Rootstech in 2011 I was rather nervous but I was warmly welcomed by those I met there. Over the years several Aussies have made the trek to Rootstech and quite a few like me have returned for another dose.

If you have any questions about the event please contact me and I will be happy to answer them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, Clearly this is an addiction and those addicted should meet at the usual places in SLC. I do hope you are resting up as you will need to be in top condition for your tourist guide roles at Rootstech. My dream one day is to be an Ambassador too instead of just being a groupy following all the other ambassadors around like a lost puppy. Fran

GeniAus said...

Fran, Apparently there was an application process for new Ambassadors that I missed when I was overseas (but as a veteran I was invited). As an experienced Rootstech regular you would make a beaut Ambassador.

Anonymous said...

Jill, I was more hoping to do a great job and be noticed and then invited. (Not being realistic here. ha ha!) I don't think I have done enough work by a long way to get invited anyway. I hunted out the the process however it is closed so I will have to be the puppy again.

Jennifer Jones said...

We were planning to go but as we have just moved to a fire danger area, have decided we need to be here in Feb. very disappointed.

Crissouli said...

Congratulations, Jill... I'm sure you will continue to be a great Ambassador.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...