Friday, August 29, 2014

Ancestry Antics



Since I bloggred on Wednesday about decrapifying the hints on my Ancestry Private tree I have managaed to  prune down 45 pages of hints to just two.

In a reply to a comment on a post somewhere I said that I only had a pruned down tree on Ancestry and that was enough for me but a girl can change her mind - can't she? Having checked out those (mostly irrelevant) hints I took the easy way out, deleted my tree and replaced it with a newer bigger model. It took less than 3 minutes to accomplish this.

I guess Ancestry will serve out all those bad hints again but there will be some gems amongst the dross and I have a whole lot more "Cousin Bait" out there.

OMG - the new tree has only been uploaded for about ten minutes and there are 112 hints (different from the old ones). Here we go again!!

112 new hints



4 comments:

GeniAus said...

Seven pages of useless hints gone in a flash.

Celia Lewis said...

I've done this several times in the past... gets significantly easier. I now only get 3-6 hints each week. Flash on!

Kylie Willison said...

I love the word decrapifying has that made it into your geneadictionary? Have fun exploring all the hints!

GeniAus said...

I was quite disappointed when there wer no hints for me this morning, Celia.

Kylie I will add decrapifying to the geneadictionary as I have a nice graphic to go with the post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...